Monday, January 25, 2010

Cupcake Weekend

Friday, this lovely surprise arrived in my mailbox:

Saturday I had to test it out, and these were the result:

Sunday, I used the apron my sister made me for Christmas for a photo op (I conveniently forgot I had it when actually baking the cupcakes):

It was a Betty Crocker weekend!

Lessons learned:

1. Filling the cupcake cups to the top in the pan, does not make bigger cupcakes. It does make a big mess in oven.
2. 5 1/2 cups of icing will only decorate about 20 cupcakes. (that's a little over 1/4 cup per cupcake! eeek!)
3. You cannot make homemade icing and decorate cupcakes with four different icing colors in an hour. It takes more like four.
4. You will need a shower, and your clothes will need to be washed when you are done.

1 comment:

Christina and Jason said...

Cute!!! Can't wait to come make some in July :) I'm glad to hear you are a messy baker/cooker too...maybe it's genetic...boo